Kinship Care

Kinship Care Consultant.

When children are removed by the department (FaCS) Interim Orders are sought through the Childrens Court initially before seeking Final Orders. If at all possible it is preferable to place the children with a family member if restoration to the biological parent/s is not an option. This is known as Kinship Care. The relative could be a Grandparent/s, Aunt/Uncle, an Adult sibling, or an extended family member of the children. Kinship Orders can also be sought for non related person/s who are seen as “significant others” in the childrens life. Due to the new Legislation and reforms current Kinship carers are encouraged to seek Guardianship Orders for children in their care. 

Contact me for further information if required.

Your first consultation is FREE!